vrijdag 5 december 2008

cigar shop visit: Plumes et volutes

The people of the little town Braine-le-compte in the frech speaking of Belgium finally have a place nearby to purchase their smokes!

I met the owners a few days ago in Antwerp on the Navarre evening and they told me they opened up their shop nearly a year ago. They had the opportunity, and chose to open a store that sold cigars, pipes and tabac, as well as fine pens and writing equipment.

They were very friendly and invited me to come take a look at their shop. They also mentioned their 23 year old daughter was also working there, who (they said) was really pretty..another reason to go ;)

So, I was in the neighborhood when I decided to take the detour, because I didn't have anything to smoke in the 1 hour drive home.
Funny thing though, to get in Braine-le-compte you have to take a small dirty road for about 15 minutes..which was really great in the dark with the Mercedes..put the automatic gearbox on "sport" and the drive was thrilling!




So I arrived in the main shopping street (tres chouette as they say in french) and I discovered their shop. It is not that big, but it does have a lot of class!
I was greeted by a young blond and beautiful girl (so the owners were right ;) ) who took me to the humidor. She really knew her stuff and pointed me directly to the new limitadas when I asked which new specials they had. I choose 3 cigars payed and left the store very happy for another great shopping experience!

I can't link to the website, as they don't have one right now, but they are working on it. The humidor is not that big, but they do have all the great stuff! They also have Navarre's for sale.

If you are in the neighborhood of Halle or Waterloo, take the detour down, it really is worth it!

Geen opmerkingen: