donderdag 27 december 2007

Cigar review: Gurkha Regent


I remember when I got this cigar: My sister brought it with from San Francisco after I gave her the Top2005 list from Cigar Afficionado. I clearly remember when she gave me the plastic bag with the cigars, the Gurkha sticking out.
It was big, it had an odd shape, not round, but squared with round edges, and it smelled a lot..not good, just a lot..I dreaded the day I had to smoke it, and I tucked it away far below in the humidor.

Then came the day I was aching to see the Godfather (Part I ofcourse) again, and I was looking in my humi for a matching powerhouse cigar.
The Gurkha laid there, with its dark wrapper.


I picked it up, and smelled it: the stench was gone, and a flowery dark odeur came flowing in my nose. This was the chosen one for tonight.
It felt perfect in my hands, and I lit it up: it drawed great for such a big and heavy cigar, and the strange shape felt quite good in my mouth. it even tasted sweet, and the smoke was very complex, feeling buttery and sweet.

Some sidenotes I found online for this dominican cigar: the blend is comprised of Dominican Piloto & Cuban Ligero, an Indonesian binder and an exquisite, Nicaraguan Havana 2000 wrapper. It has aged for 5 full years.

This was such a great cigar, I have to admit one of the best cigar experiences I ever had..But I dont know if it comes because it had laid in my humidor for 18 months or because it is a great cigar..if someone can find any, please stop by at my house to give me some ;)

Geen opmerkingen: