zondag 6 januari 2008

Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva Churchill


On New Year's eve I was looking for a grand smoke. So I was aiming for a churchill size or Toro size cigar, and while browsing through my humidor ( reminds me I need to create a good cigar database for maintaining my humi) the Arturo Fuente came up. It had a green velvet band around it, and it was just looking pretty.
One smell on the cigar, and I had made up my mind!

I clipped the top off (I dont use my bullet anymore, no specific reason) and lit it...Wauw..
While not a powerhouse on taste (like the Gurkha), it surely did pack some punch. Nutty flavors, and a hint of leather enriched the buttery aroma, while the solid burn made a lot of smoke that created a dark layer of mist on my ceiling.

Definitely a great cigar, though a little too big for my taste. I didn't get bored with it, the taste was consistent through the whole cigar, but I am just not that 2 hour cigar man..A definite must for each humidor!

Geen opmerkingen: